Parent Liaison Services
The Parent Liaison is an individual who has had a child participate in the Early Intervention program. They have first-hand knowledge of the program and their role is to provide support and perspectives that are unique to those that have parented a child with special needs. Services may include the following:
- Provide support and connect families who have had similar experiences with one another
- Provide a listening ear for parents’ questions and concerns
- Gather and provide information about specific diagnoses and area resources
- Provide assistance, if needed, during the IFSP and IEP processes;
- Provide assistance during the transition process when families are preparing to leave the Early Intervention program and enter into the local school district;
- Provide opportunities for play dates and trainings on topics of interest to families.